Disruptive Storytelling Podcast Is LIVE!
Episode 1: Military Stigma – Tough Conversations Worth Having
Partners in PROMISE Executive Director Michelle Norman shares how stigma has impacted her family since her daughter was born with cerebral palsy and how she navigates the special education world. Plus, a look at what’s to come on Season 1 of the podcast.
Season 1 of Disruptive Storytelling
- Disruptive Storytelling Presents Military Stigma – Tough Conversations Worth Having
- What Is Stigma? The History and Future of Systemic Discrimination
- Gender Roles & Military Service, More Than a Military Spouse
- The Mental Health of Our Military Children
- When the Worst Happens, but No One Believes You – How to Cope When Your Child Is Vicimized
- Choosing sides – Being a Pansexual Military Spouse
- The Stories We Tell Ourselves – How Stigma Feels
- Partners in PROMISE 2021 Military Special Education Survey
- Michelle Norman’s story of navigating the Exceptional Family Member Program and founding Partners in PROMISE
- Interview with Dr. Jeffrey Katz about ADHD and the stigma related to self identifying
Disruptive Storytelling with Military Changemakers is a bi-weekly podcast presented by Partners in PROMISE, a nonprofit dedicated to Protecting the Rights Of Military children In Special Education (P.R.O.M.I.S.E.). This season of the podcast is sponsored by the Modern Military Association of America with music by Stephen McDonough.