The PROMISE Act Receives Congressional Support
|WASHINGTON- Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-TX), ranking member of the House Armed Services Committee, and Rep. Trent Kelly (R-MS), ranking member of the Subcommittee on Military Personnel, today released a discussion draft of Military Family Readiness legislation they intend to offer for inclusion in the FY21 National Defense Authorization Act. |
A fact sheet summarizing the legislation can be found here.
Legislative text can be found here.
– Standardize EFMP across services (enrollment, transfers, access, respite care)
– Provide dedicated EFMP attorneys
– Ensure full services and BAH for geobach tours for child’s education
– Centralize and coordinate EFMP offices
– Support shift workers with 24-hour child care